Add functionality such that if the Connex subscription plan order limit is reached, either:
1. Automatically apply an additional amount of orders for a flat, one-time fee.
2. Automatically upgrade the subscription plan and charge the new rate at time of renewal.
In either case, Connex would handle this automatically, meaning you'll encounter fewer (temporary) interruptions; fewer missed transactions; and no need to contact support for this type of billing issue.
Currently, if the order limit is reached, Connex temporarily halts the sync until an action is taken, such as upgrading or buying more order count.1 vote
Now that Connex has successfully migrated to a new billing platform, this opens up a lot of doors for us.
Automatic plan upgrades.
We’re excited to hear your feedback!
I would like to take the item from Amazon to create 2 items on a sales receipt in quickbooks. One line item will list the same sku as Amazon to make sure we track revenue correctly. Second, would be a line item to track cost for the actual inventory item.
Is this possible with Connex??1 vote
Connex does not identify which orders were omitted, nor does it try to rerun the sync to catch the omissions. It is only by running reports from Amazon and then matching them to QuickBooks that the omissions are discovered.1 vote
Keep an audit log of rules. If a user adds or deletes a rule, place it in a log.0 votes
Enabled "metered billing" support for the Connex order count.
This functionality would allow the Connex team to enable:
1. Enhanced subscription plan functionality.
2. Allow customers to purchase the number of additional order count this wish, rather than a static amount (e.g. 2000, 4000, 6000, etc.).
3. Allow the Connex team to implement volume discounts when customers purchase additional order count.
This is a new possibility available to the Connex team thanks to their new billing platform and may be able to offer additional benefits, as well.0 votes
- Don't see your idea?